Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lots of Events In The Past Week

There has been lots of events in the past week that is going to be life changing yet once again. I blogged about my job nine months ago and I finally got my 6 month review. It was NOT what I was expecting. I have high hopes and high standards for myself and I did not meet my own expectations. I received a 9% raise, but that is not good enough for me. I know where I went wrong and I have no one to blame but myself. I didn't do what I had to do and I deserve what I got. On the other side of the coin, I was not happy at that job. I was selling a service I really did not believe in and I dreaded going to work each day. Once I get that "feeling" I usually don't last long at the job. I actually had a job interview on Saturday and I was offered another job for at&t. I'm supposed to start next Monday, but I'm going through the standard background check and drug testing phase. Tomorrow is my last day at my current job and I couldn't be happier. I no longer have to drive 35 miles to be miserable. Lately, I've been focusing on my business ideas and I've bought a couple of new books. I can't see myself working as an employee much longer. I have big plans for myself and my son, and now is the time to make it all happen.

On top of the job change, for the past two weeks, I have been studying the forex market. I started a demo account with $2,000 and after 14 days, I've made a 25% ROI and now the demo account has over $2,500. I was originally going to wait after 1 month of using the demo account before I started a live account, but I couldn't wait. I deposited $1,980 into my account today and I will be trading live! I'll post the current status of the account on this blog so you can see the status of my account. Realistically I am trying to reach $25,000 so I can start trading and earning serious money. I have a spreadsheet and I will be keeping track on a daily basis. The best part about the forex market is that it's open 24hrs, 5 days a week. To some people it's gambling, to others it's investing. My view is anytime I am trying to make profit, I'll take the risk because it's better than keeping my money making 2% which is basically nothing.

I also started playing the game Cashflow by Robert Kiyosaki and I suck at it. I've got a lot to learn and I'm willing to put in the time and effort so I can be on the road to financial freedom. Stay tuned for updates on my forex account!



No comments: