Wednesday, October 15, 2008

1st Step is to Start, 2nd Step is to Continue.

I have been listening to goal setting audio books and the main concept for goal setting is you have to write down exactly what you're trying to achieve. The problem most people have is they do not want to commit themselves on paper and they think that having it stored in their head is good enough. The author made a good point about buying a car or renting an apartment. It does not become a commitment until you fill out and sign the paperwork.

The biggest secret that I've found in anything I do is you simply have to just get started. I have had this $100k Journey blog for almost 2 years now. If I never started blogging about my finances, I don't think I would be where I would be today. And that's $16,000 closer to becoming debt free. I know two people who said they would start "next month" and that was 2 years ago. Since they never committed to anything on paper, they never got started.

The one thing I have learned that there is really only 2 steps. 1st step is get started and the 2nd step is to continue. As simple and easy as it may seem, there are people out there who can not do step 1. Can you?




1 comment:

LisaClark said...

I totally agree to your "2 step" comment. I have been trying to get out of debt for years but it's only since I started blogging about it have I really made any progress.
Reading other peoples blogs and comparing notes with them, blogging my goals and then trying to do even better. These have been the incentives that I have really need to get started and to continue.