Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 2 - BJJ

My day started at 5:30am. I was pretty excited to go to class today. These classes are no joke. Today is my cousin Jeff’s first day so I couldn’t wait to see him start training. Warm-ups were crazy. The knee escape drill gets you tired real quickly and this time we had to go back and forth twice. The sparring went ok. I was able to get a side choke on one of the guys, other than that, I tapped out about 6 times. I’m still working on my stamina and endurance. My goal is to be in tip top cardio shape within 2 months. I still am lifting weights so I can gain speed, power and stamina. I learned how to properly apply the guillotine chokehold and how to escape the guillotine while standing or in the guard. Training is getting more intense and I’m loving it.



No comments: