Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 5 - BJJ

Today is Monday, President's Day, so I had the day off and I decided to go to the 8am class. I brought along a high school friend of mine and he had no idea what exactly Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was all about. Warm-ups have been getting a little bit easier but I'm still running of out of air while I'm running. We learned how to get out of the gaurd and drilled that over and over again. My friend has pretty good stamina, however he was gasping for air during the knee escape drills. Overall it was a great workout, I'm not sure if my friend will ever return but after the training, we had a great breakfast at Keith's Restaurant.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!

I go through your blog regularly....that you are determined to earn $100k inspires me a lot.I would be glad if we could have communicated over e mail as well. Why dont you give me your email address? I would appreciate to hear more from you.

Unknown said...

Hey!
I missed out one thing...i am really find your autobiographical style of writing very interesting.Tell me how do you manage time for your "Brazilian Jujitsu" classes?
I would be glad to know about that.

Neil said...

Jason: To answer your question about BJJ classes, I work a regular 9 to 6 job and I do BJJ at 6:30am in the morning. I usually wake up around 5:30am to get ready and drive over to the gym. Class is 1 hour so when I'm done, I just shower and head straight to work. I've noticed that the only time I can make room for anything in my life is in the morning time. Feel free to email me at 100kjourney@gmail.com